2015 Ice Cream Social Success!
PTO would like to thank the teachers, staff, students, parent volunteers, and families for their support of and participation in this year’s Ice Cream Social. We would also like to thank the Ice Cream Social Committee* for volunteering their talents and time towards this event. This year’s Ice Cream Social raised more than $10,000 for Stone Lake Elementary’s PTO. Additional thanks go to the following sponsors and donors for their generous contributions towards the event. We hope our Stone Lake community will share their thanks by patronizing these businesses:
Raley’s Walmart Neighborhood Market
Walmart Kelly’s Express Car Wash
Kaia Fit Laguna (Ashley Lovato) JAN-PRO Cleaning Systems of Sacramento (Karen C.)
Lakepoint Dental, Dr. Penumetcha Sacramento Republic FC
Target Rebecca’s Jolly Jumps
Green Acres Nugget Market
Sacramento Kings Thomas Photography
Cavern Tours Bel Air
Trader Joe’s Sam’s Club
Thai Chili Restaurant Thirty-One Gifts (Jennifer Simmons)
Mary Kay (Susan Wood) Scentsy (Chris Milne)
Leatherby’s Family Creamery The Sports Shop
Sports Authority Plaza Insurance Sales, Inc. (Tom Hoshiyama)
Local Kine Sunshine Beauty Supply (Lan & Thomas Lee)
Dave’s Dawgs Drewski’s Hot Rod Kitchen
G-Factor Gaming Squeeze Inn
Kovar’s Acadamy Kua’Aina Band
The College Fund Street Band TCZ and TAT2 Dancers
Mimi’s Café DreamGirls Fine Hair Imports & Salon
*2015 Ice Cream Social Event Committee:
Lisa Mehl, JoAnna Cline, Kristen Beckner, Jessica Trudell, Amy Sazama, Simret Lillard, Pam Ceccarelli, Jayma Sareeram, Jasmine Gonzales, Tonya Boynton, Jennifer Ferraiuolo, Sejal Rangwala, Betty Low, Amrit Thandi, Rod Somera, Peri Re, Linda White, Angela Buchanan, Cassie Kobane, and Tracy Smith
If you would like to chair or volunteer for the 2016 Ice Cream Social, please send an email to email@example.com.
Latest News …
- 2014-2015 Year in Review ~ PTO Money at work
As this school year comes to an end, PTO would like to share how more than $50,000.00 in funds raised were returned directly back to Stone Lake Elementary School and its students.
- $2,800.00 for English Language Arts curriculum for all grade levels.
- $1,777.98 for new sound system.
- $399.00 for a new pressure washer for upcoming school maintenance and repair projects.
- $1709.20 for a new ceiling mounted projector for the Computer Lab.
- $1,515.33 for new SPARK PE equipment.
- $4,280.00 for 6th grade field trip busses.
- $17,000.00 for classroom supplies, classroom equipment, library improvements and awards.
- $20,000.00 approved for a new shade structure for the kindergarten area.
Additionally, to honor the memory of Mrs. JoEllen Shanks, PTO has purchased a memorial bench to be placed on campus in the Beth Cass Courtyard. Mrs. Shanks was a founding teacher of Stone Lake Elementary, a leader, and an extraordinary educator. The bench will ensure that her legacy continues and will serve as a fond reminder for those who were lucky enough to have been her student and for the many colleagues with whom she shared so much of her time at Stone Lake.
Finally, we are continually looking into new projects and programs on which to allocate PTO funds for the benefit of students and for the improvement of the school. We greatly value parent, student and staff input into these upcoming plans and invite you to attend PTO General Meetings held at 6 PM on the 2nd Tuesday of the month starting on Aug. 11, 2015. These meetings are also a wonderful opportunity to share a forum with our school’s Administrators and leaders. For additional questions or comments email PTO President Lisa Mehl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website at www.stonelakepto.org for a detailed financial report of the PTO Budget
- APEX FUN RUN COMING SOON!!This is not your average Jog-A-Thon! APEX takes it to the extreme! Get ready for a fun and exciting time to kick off the 2015-2016 school year!!
More information will follow.
Check out the APEX website at https://www.apexfunrun.com
- Kindergarten and TK BOOHOO Breakfast
Tuesday, July 14th for B, C, & D Tracks Thursday, August 6th for A Track
A.M. Class ~ 8:00a.m. A.M. Class ~ 8:00a.m.
P.M. Class ~ 11:00a.m.
Some of us are crying, teary-eyed and blue, some of us are cheering, “I’m glad summer’s through.”
Please join us for a BOOHOO to YAHOO breakfast provided by PTO
Ongoing Events …
- eWASTE Fundraiser
Start saving all of your electronics because Stone Lake PTO is having a YEAR ROUND eWASTE fundraiser. Click here to see the flyer. Everything will be done online. For more information, please contact the chairperson.
- Shoparoo ~ This year we are participating in a hassle-free fundraiser called Shoparoo. Nationwide, 7,000+ schools are already fundraising through Shoparoo and we see it as great opportunity for us to make a difference this year. So, what are you waiting for? Simply download the free app or sign up by going to http://app.shoparoo.com/share/mch3eh6pand select our school!
- Box Tops and Labels for Education ~ One of the ways every parent can help raise money for Stone Lake is by clipping out and bringing in Box Tops and Labels for Education! For each Box Top coupon turned in, Stone Lake gets 10¢! Please make sure you are not submitting expired box tops as they will not accept them. Each Label for Education earns our school points towards products we can order from their website. Let’s reach our goal of 50,000 points and get items on our wish list.
- Rewards Cards ~ Don’t forget when you are signing up or using your Something Extra Cards at Raley’s, Bel Air, or Nob Hill Foods that you can link your purchases to go toward Stone Lake and they will donate 1% – 4% of your purchases to our school! Also, don’t forget about your Target REDCard! They will donate 1% toward our school from your purchase amount! So far for the 2013-2014 school year we have received a total of $4,036.71 from Raley’s and $478.23 from the Target REDCard! Keep supporting Stone Lake Elementary by signing up for your rewards cards and linking them to our school!