”For each new morning with its light, for rest & shelter for the night, for health & food, for love & friends, for Everything Thy goodness sends.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
October was a busy month at Stone Lake Elementary and we would like to take this month’s newsletter to express our appreciation and gratitude to our students, parents, and staff for their contributions. We wish you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving!
Book Fair Success
Thank you to Jennifer Ferraiuolo and Amy Sazama for putting on an amazing Scholastic Book Fair! Not only did these two Stone Lake parent volunteers coordinate a fantastic week of Book Fair shopping, they also hosted three different family events. The “Mom’s and Muffins” morning was busy with many special ladies and their Stone Lake students devouring delicious muffins and exciting new book titles. For the “Dudes and Donuts” day, we had many special fellas on campus enjoying a rainbow of sweet treats and shopping fun with their students. Finally, the week’s events were wrapped up in a cozy evening on campus with teachers and administrators “holding court” for Stone Lake students over bedtime stories, milk, and cookies. It was such fun to see so many students, staff, and volunteers taking part in this new Stone Lake Book Fair event all while wearing their PJ’s! At the week’s end, this year’s Book Fair brought in over $11,000.00 in sales, hundreds of dollars in donations for the school library, and several new books for classroom libraries. We appreciate our volunteers and the many weeks of planning, organizing, shopping, copying, and collating it took, followed by a week of late nights and early mornings to provide this much-loved school wide event.
PTO Funds in the Field
We are excited to share that at the October PTO General Meeting, we approve a $4,400.00 allocation to supplement costs towards bus transportation for this year’s 6th grade overnight field trip to the Alliance Redwoods Camp in Occidental, CA. The Stone Lake PTO is excited to offer this support towards the first year of, what we hope will be an annual tradition for our 6th graders.
2014-2015 Stone Lake Yearbook
2014-2015 Stone Lake Yearbook Dedications
All dedications must be submitted no later than December 19th, 2014!
Any questions please contact Erica Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events …
- NEXT PTO MEETING: Monday, November 10th, 2014 at 6:00 PM in the Library.
All parents and teachers are encouraged to participate. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Latest News …
- MEMBERSHIP DRIVE CONTEST: Winners announced! Mrs. Spaan’s 2nd grade class and Mr. Pearson’s 5th grade class won this year’s PTO Membership Drive Contest. Both classes were the happy recipients of a delicious pizza party! Many thanks to our teachers for helping get the word out to students and parents about the opportunity to join PTO. Thanks to Stone Lake parents for their continued support of PTO with their membership donations. A very special thank you goes to Lamppost Pizza on Laguna Blvd. for working with PTO to provide the highest quality pizza to Stone Lake students. Congratulations to our winners!
- SPIRIT WEAR UPDATE: We will be placing the final spirit wear order of the year in November. Hard copy order forms were sent home and were due to your child’s teacher or the school office by Friday, Oct. 31st. If you have already submitted an order, it will be processed with this final order. Orders submitted after this date will be returned. No exceptions. The current promotional pricing will end after this date as well. We hope to offer another spirit wear site sale in November, but inventory will be limited to items on hand. Please contact Jasmine Gonzalez with your questions at email@example.com. If you have concerns please contact Lisa Mehl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- STONE LAKE ELEMENTARY PTO FIVE STAR FAMILY PROGRAM: Stone Lake PTO is inviting you to participate in a new program called Five Star Families! The goal is to recognize those families who spend time volunteering for our school. The Stone Lake PTO is hosting a night of swimming at the Wackford Center in June of 2015 for all families who earn at least five stars throughout the year! Cards must be signed off by a school representative after the event has occurred. The flyer and cards have been sent home, but if you haven’t received one, please stop by the front office and pick one up.
Ongoing Events …
- eWASTE Fundraiser
Start saving all of your electronics because Stone Lake PTO is having a YEAR ROUND eWASTE fundraiser. Click here to see the flyer. Everything will be done online. For more information, please contact the chairperson.
- Shoparoo ~ This year we are participating in a hassle-free fundraiser called Shoparoo. Nationwide, 7,000+ schools are already fundraising through Shoparoo and we see it as great opportunity for us to make a difference this year. So, what are you waiting for? Simply download the free app or sign up by going to http://app.shoparoo.com/share/mch3eh6pand select our school!
- Box Tops and Labels for Education ~ One of the ways every parent can help raise money for Stone Lake is by clipping out and bringing in Box Tops and Labels for Education! For each Box Top coupon turned in, Stone Lake gets 10¢! Please make sure you are not submitting expired box tops as they will not accept them. Each Label for Education earns our school points towards products we can order from their website. Let’s reach our goal of 50,000 points and get items on our wish list.
- Rewards Cards ~ Don’t forget when you are signing up or using your Something Extra Cards at Raley’s, Bel Air, or Nob Hill Foods that you can link your purchases to go toward Stone Lake and they will donate 1% – 4% of your purchases to our school! Also, don’t forget about your Target REDCard! They will donate 1% toward our school from your purchase amount! So far for the 2013-2014 school year we have received a total of $4,036.71 from Raley’s and $478.23 from the Target REDCard! Keep supporting Stone Lake Elementary by signing up for your rewards cards and linking them to our school!